Thursday, April 17, 2008

West Africa? Who cares?

There I was, running the Accident and Emergency Department in the "flagship" hospital in the The Gambia, Africa's smallest country. I'd never thought I'd end up doing emergency medicine when I left my home in western Washington State. It was a roller-coaster ride from the get-go. I kept a log and emailed it to a list of about 85 friends in the US, Canada, Mexico and the UK but had never thought of publishing them as a book.
Several friends -- some of them published authors -- suggested (Actual Quote: "If you don't publish these I'll kick your ass!", Paul Raczka, author of "Winter Count, A History of the Blackfoot People" and numerous articles) so I've been working on doing just that.
Following are excerpts from what will soon be published.

1 comment:

Weissbiermann said...

Fantastic start David! Love the complexity of your photos too...so much living there. I only saw a few of the emails and want more! Thanks for your efforts there and now here too.